Thursday 29 March 2012

Today was one of those day where the Sun is so bright and so inviting that you must spend it outdoors.  Unfortunately our yard is a giant puddle at the moment, so the next best thing...sit on the couch, while the girls are reading and doing lessons in Science.  The time was suppose to be spent doing odd jobs around the house, such as baking and cleaning, but instead I just basked in the moment of time.  These moments are one of the highlights of homeschooling.  They may be short and far between some days, but when those days do come around, you remember why you are doing what you are doing.

Homeschooling isn't for everyone.  Some people cannot home school because of their position in their lives or simply because they don't want to; but next to motherhood, I have to say it is one of the most important things I can give to my family.   I could work full-time and bring in an income that would help us to get out of debt faster, or go on the next vacation, or have a large retirement fund and education fund built up...but then what about my children?   There are days I long to send them out the door to school, to have someone else be responsible for their education, but God gave them to me.  He is trusting me to grow them and shape them into something He can work with.  Whether they choose to follow what is being taught is not up to me, but it is up to me to lead them, to shepherd them.    My daughters, who at the present time are 11 and 14, love to go everywhere with me.  They aren't embarrassed to be seen with me, or to ask my opinion.  At 14, I couldn't wait to be away from my family, my mother and my siblings.  Family were embarrassing and friends were the cool thing to have.   I hope and pray everyday that my daughters will never be embarrassed to be near me.  That we can have a friendship based upon a good parent/daughter relationship that grows through the decades.
That one day I will be there to watch them grow and raise their own daughters/sons.  And ultimately, see them in God's glorious Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment