Wednesday 28 March 2012

I got old....well I will in a few hours.

As suspected my birthday came and is almost gone.  I have felt very well blessed to have the friends and family I do.  I've received many well wishes and love from everyone.

One thing I have noticed is birthdays don't mean what they use to.  When you we're a child, birthdays were exciting.  You'd count down to them for months, changing your age to match; such as 9 1/2, 9 2/3. 9 3/4, to almost 10.  Now....I'm still happy to be 33....until the clock changes to hour in which I was born....I still have 2 hours :)   I think my children get more excited than I do.  Of course the one question they keep asking is, What do you want?....  Why don't they believe my response of a day of peace and quiet?  They'd rather buy something or make something for me...I guess they don't see that it is the Action that I love, not the item itself.


1 comment:

  1. How true. I hope you had a wonderful day anyway and were treated like a queen. Happy Birthday!
    (Lori Fletcher)

    ReplyDelete